Saturday, December 4, 2010

I now interrupt this sort of sleepy blog.

You can actually track if my month had been busy or not by the number of posts in here. So, November had been one helluva busy time. A wedding, a friend's vacation here, two birthday parties, a gig and some side work I had to accomplish left me no time to make quality posts. I did a lot of cooking (via parties and gig) but without proper documentation, it just did not feel right to blog about any of those.

But there IS something bloggable that happened. I was nominated by Hungit Cebu's Jason to be a part of Best Cebu Blogs of 2010 and a few days ago, I got this news that I got into the Top 20. That wasn't the bloggable part though. Call me sentimental but man, I didn't really expect my facebook friends to shoot me up the ladder. I was shook to the core. I don't even know how to thank everyone but I did thank them and I am very grateful. I'm pretty much excited about that award's day (December 12) because it's going to be my first time and I really hope there's a long buffet table. Haharrr.

I started out this blog because I wanted to document my cooking, that's all (and some family and friends wanted the recipes). I have had a handful of blogs in the past, most are now inactive floating in cyberspace but this is something that would most likely to stay because I know there is no escaping the kitchen for me. As well as my other active blog, because there is no escaping the pen and paper for me either.

But really! This! A chance to get an award! I could only dream to win a badge for diy-eats. Call me old-fashioned but this blog doesn't have ads and I'm pretty set it will stay that way. As for being prompt, 2011 should be a promising year!!! (via new year resolutions LOL) Also, no matter how busy December is going to be for me, I'll be posting yumyum stuff I promise y'all!!!

Here's to a Merry Christmas!

♥ Chef Shak ♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chef Shak. In behalf of the Best Cebu Blogs Committee, congratulations for making it to the Top 20. We look forward in seeing you during the awarding night. Happy cooking and Happy blogging. (:

    - Agnes Embile Jimenez (Best Cebu Blogs Committee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Agnes and everyone at Best Cebu Blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what d'ya think?