Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cheez N Slaw

The glorious moment when my mouth met Cheez N Slaw

A sammich is at its holiest at the right points of the day, take for example: ME right now at 3:13am as I am typing this up, my tummy is asking for it. It can also hit me unexpectedly as I wake up from an afternoon nap or just laughing at The Lonely Island videos or when I'm watching TV and the commercials are on. Ah, sammich!

The thing about a sammich is that it's ridiculously good when you make it yourself. It isn't so hard. All you gotta do is 1. have bread and 2. have some week-old junk in the fridge. The possibilities are endless like a choose your own adventure book or something.

Something like that or something.

So what I'm doing here is I'm raiding my fridge every month for edible things to stuff in between two pieces of bread (or in between a bun or something). Maybe, when I feel fancy, I'd even decide to go out and buy ingredients from a store. We'll see.

Today, I woke up at around 2pm (because I slept at 8am) and you can only imagine how famished I must've been that time. Perfect timing.

Here's my loot:


So assuming you are going to find the same stuff in your own fridge and would like to experience the Cheez N Slaw, do this:

1. Toast the bread.

2. Spread Remoulade sauce (it's much like tartar sauce, basically mayo or aoli with pickles, horseradishpaprikaanchoviescapers, etc.) on one slice.

3. Put a generous amount of grated cheese.

4. Julienne or chop finely the cabbage and add it on top of the cheese.

5. Get another slice of bread, squeeze in some tomato ketchup and stick face down into the mound of goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what d'ya think?