Monday, October 12, 2009

Special Scramble


Eggs can kill alright, but I love it. The day just seem drab and wrong without having eggs. I can't decide which is my favorite way of getting it done but I'd down those anytime of the day to clog me arteries.

So I was watching TV this morning and saw a chef make a breakfast burrito. I thought how it's not easy to find tortillas in the local markets and those aren't cheap but her burrito filling really turned me on. It's got eggs in her recipe.

Lightbulb.

It was 11am and my tummy's begging for brunch. Time for some really quick DIY eats!


Huevo y Chorizo Scramble

Ingredients:

2 Eggs
1 pc. Chorizo or Chinese Bilbao, minced
2 tbsp Button mushrooms, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp Evaporated milk
1 pc. ripe Tomato, diced
1 tsp powdered Seasoning (I love the garlic and pepper variety)
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 large Red Onion, minced
1 red or green Bell Pepper, diced
1 tbsp Butter

1. Sautee the spices in butter until the onions are translucent. Lower the heat and add in the chorizo and tomato. Let it sizzle for 5 minutes in very low heat. This way, the flavors will thoroughly combine.


2. Meanwhile, take your eggs and crack it in a bowl. Add in the milk and beat it until it's completely mixed. Sprinkle some seasoning. If you're not into powdered seasonings, just add some salt and pepper, whichever you prefer. Go back to your sauteing then pour the egg mixture. Mix.


Yield:  2 servings

You can have it runny and smooth or chunky and totally scrambled. It's great as bread filling or rice topping too. This one is so easy and quick to prepare and perfect if you're hurrying off to school or work. Egg is an ultimate source of protein. The yolk, however, has got 60 calories and 5 grams of fat. If you want to maximize your eggs without worrying about fat, add egg whites. It's got zero fat. Yes, zero fat. :)



Feliz comiendo!
♥ChefShak

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what d'ya think?