Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Once a Week Veg

The internet gives you so many ideas that sometimes, it doesn't matter if you can evoke your own ideas anymore. You can just wait around, be resourceful in the blogospheres - click and click and you will eventually find a lot of relevant stuff. Just like this video that I found through a friend who found it through his friend's facebook wall or something like it.





So this guy right? His idea is awesome. If you can't give up bacon, why should you? Like me. I can't give up meat. My life will be meaningless without it. I live for meat. I love meat - almost all kinds.

But a part of me wants to become veg for health reasons. And yeah, if it should help save the world, going veg is totally worth it. I have tried it for about 5 months. Imagine me. Imagine someone who lives for adobo and cheeseburgers. I know. I know. It's heartbreaking.

So this guy, Graham Hill is a weekday veg. But I couldn't even do that. Not while living with my family. You have no idea! And weekend veg is kind of impossible too because the weekend is the only time we actually sit down together for meals. It's also the favorite part of the week because we get to eat out or cook out and be rowdy and messy and oily and loud.


I thought to myself, if my options are so slimmed down (pardon the pun), I should make a way. And I thought I just have to be veg for a day every week. Better than nothing. One small step and who knows, time will come I will be a lot more comfortable doing it twice or three times a week. Tough luck but yeah, just maybe. Anything is possible. So when I watched that video about a month ago, I started my Once-A-Week-Veg and so far, so good. There's so much good meatless stuff out there.

Here's one I did:

Creamy Veg Pasta

Ingredients:


250 g Pasta, preferably Twist or Cut Macaroni , cooked
2 cups Broccoli, cored and chopped
1/2 cup Sweet Peas
1 cup Button or Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
1 can or tetra block All Purpose Cream
1/2 cup water
1 tsp Butter
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 medium White Onion, chopped finely
Salt and Pepper, to taste

How-to:

1. In a wok or frying pan, melt butter and saute garlic, white onions, broccoli, sweet peas and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste.



2. Add water and let simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and mix in the cream.


3. When the cream is well incorporated into everything else, turn the heat back on and adjust seasoning, add more salt or more pepper. Then mix in the pasta.

And voila! Your craving's fixed!



You can doooo it too! ♥

Your cute and cuddly once-a-week veg,
Chef Shak  ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what d'ya think?