They say drinking before noon makes you an alcoholic.
I don't do that.
I say if you can't drink it, might as well cook with it.
You might go 'whoa girl, doesn't pouring alcohol over your food make you a worse alcoholic because it's sneakier?'
I might go 'chill the fudge out, my friend.'
Alcohol, in small doses, evaporates when cooked. Wine, beer, distilled spirits, just like water.
Although there was a study that some parts of alcohol are retained and not a hundred percent extinguished when added to sauces, do not expect to get a buzz after firing up those babies.
You can even serve these kind of food to babies.
The only ones getting drunk in 1 of these 2 recipes are the bananas because the only goal here is we get stuffed.
Banana Cinnamon Pancakes and Drunk Bananas
For the Banana Cinnamon Pancakes, you will need:
1 cup Flour
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (or add more if Cinnamon's your thing)
1 cup Fresh or Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons Vegetable or Palm Oil for the batter and some more for cooking
1 ripe banana, mashed
a frying pan (preferably non-stick), a turner, a couple of bowls, a wooden spoon or ladle for mixing batter
- - -
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, mix egg, milk, vegetable or palm oil with a whisk or an electric mixer.
2. When the liquid mixture is smooth, slowly pour it over the dry ingredients. Mix it with a ladle or wooden spoon until there aren't any more lumps.
3. Add the mashed bananas to the batter.
4. Cook your pancakes on a frying pan over low heat.
5. Set these aside while we work on the Drunk Bananas.
For the Drunk Bananas, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons Rum
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 large Bananas sliced thinly on an angle
- a small pot or skillet, a ladle
- - -
1. In the pot or skillet, heat rum, sugar, butter, water, and orange juice over medium heat.
2. Add the bananas.
3. When it boils, turn the heat down low.
4. Let it simmer slowly for about five minutes or until the bananas are soft and the sauce is sticky.
Pour the Drunk Bananas on top of the Banana Cinnamon Pancakes.
Perfect for breakfast. Guilt-free before noon.
Really. Guilt-free all day.
Till the next eats!